Sunday 23 September 2012

Should I have the Hermes bag?

I always believed coffee shops are the place for special meetings. Four years ago, while I was shopping with my mum, I met Madonna in a Starbucks in Notting Hill; in another Starbucks two months ago I started chatting with a lady who offered me a job. 
Today it was even better because I was offered a Hermes bag.


It was cold and raining a lot: the perfect weather for a cappuccino. 
I was early for my appointment and I popped into a Cafe Nero in Central London.
I am quite fussy about my coffee as I like it not to strong with a lot of foam, soya milk and no chocolate. I usually take 5 minutes to explain to the barista how I like it and he always get it wrong. But this morning I knew it was a special day because he got it immediately.

I took a seat near the window and I started reading a book I am now carrying with me to research for my new project. It is called The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl: memoirs of a former London call girl written by Dr. Brooke Magnanti, under the pseudonym Belle de Jour.

I noticed behind me there was a bizarre old man, dressed in an eccentric black and read suit with nice glasses, but I haven't paid too much attention. London is full of extravagant people!
He was underlining and cutting magazines and pages of newspaper. I looked at him and smiled. 

I felt hungry and took out my brazilian nuts and eat a couple of them. I love reading and eating nuts!!!

I didn't realized I read for more than 30 minutes and I was late. I quickly put on my black jacket and leopard scarf and I was ready to leave when the man called me back. "Are you a leopard?"
 

"What's wired question is it?" "You are funny, I just like it"


"I like it as well..do you want an Hermes bag?"

"What?????"
 "Are you drunk??? Why an Hermes bag?"
I started laughing.
People turned their face to us, interested in our conversation.

 "I give you an Hermes bag, black, do you like black?" "No commitments, no kiss, it is a cadeu for you. Yes or no? Do you like it?"

"Obviously I like it, but why???"
"It is a cadeu, not be worried. I am engaged. Come here Wednesday afternoon and you can have your bag. If you don't come you will lose it".

I was in rush and I said hello to him politely, laughing and these kind of things just happen to me. Maybe I attracted him because I was reading that book or because of my leopard scarf. 
There are different possible options: maybe he was drunk at 11.30 in the morning, or he wanted to seduce me for clear reasons or it is completely crazy. 

Obviously it is not normal meeting someone who offer to you a free Hermes bag without having anything back. It sounds too strange.

I went to my appointment and I enjoyed my day around the city. I went on the top of V&A museum to see the Prisma installation and later to the Tower Bridge Exhibition. 

Back home I am still thinking about that strange meeting.

Shall I have to go on Wednesday to get my Hermes free bag????














No comments:

Post a Comment